On 21 Aug 2008, at 13:25, Erik Hofman wrote:

> I'm working on proper Listener positioning for sound playback in
> FlightGear and encountered a difference between the coordinate system
> described in README.xmlsound (which describes a right handed system
> that
> doesn't exists, it describes a left handed system instead) and the
> actual coordinate system of OpenAL (which is directly used, without
> any
> conversions, at the moment).

Wow, great that you're working on this, it was something on my medium
term list of things to consider.

While you're at it, can you make the sounds code be a proper
subsystem, and also remove the dependency on the viewer classes by
getting the listener information from the property tree? I.e migrate
the ugly code out of the main loop in main.cxx.

James