On 21 Aug 2008, at 15:31, Erik Hofman wrote:

> This is now committed for the SGSoundMgr code, it has been moved tot
> FGFX.

Just in case you care, my longer term plan for the sound code was to
create an SGSoundSource (in the simgear code), which would basically
be a wrapper around an OpenAL source. This could then be hung off an
AIModel, and potentially, we could add a new kind of multiplayer
message to trigger a sound remotely.

something like (incomplete!):

class SGSoundSource
{
public:
        void setVelocity(SGVec3d)
        void setOrientation(SGQuatd)

        void setPosition(); // either cart or geod, whichever makes more sense

        void playOnce(... sound id ...., ampltidue  ....);
        void playLooped( .... same as above ...., loopCount or -1);
}

That's me guessing wildly, but feels about right - and very easy to
hook into the AI / MP code. Probably want a Nasal interface for it as
well.

Quite far down my current ToDo list, though.

James