On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 09:49 +0200, Erik Hofman wrote:

> I have been thinking about ATIS (and all queued messeges for that
> matter) but I think that using OpenAL's queueing mechanism would be a
> good idea since it offloads the burden of compiling message samples from
> small sound files to OpenAL where you just add another small sound file
> to the queue.
>
> Let me think about it some more an maybe I can come up with a good
> Queueing extension to the soundmanager.

Alright, the initial version is now pushed to git.
The idea is the following; you'll have to create a new SGSampleQueue
class and use the add() function to add samples to the queue:

SGSampleQueue *queue = new SGSampleQueue( 8000 ); // frequency

queue->add( buffer1, len1 );
queue->add( buffer2, len2 );
queue->play( true ); // play looped

All samples added to the queue should have the same frequency and
format. The SGSampleQueue class is derived from the SGSoundSample class
and reuses most of the code.

Erik