On 28 Jul 2010, at 07:36, Durk Talsma wrote:

> As a general plan of approach, I'll try to link the AI traffic gui settings
> the AIModels system, and then bring back the ATIS and Frequency look up (if
> still desired).

Frequency lookup and comm station handling should be doable using a new
FGPositioned subclass (FGCommStation?) - and with the comm stations accessible
from their owning airports if we can do that - i.e extend FGAirport with
'getATISStations', 'getGroundStations' and so on. Once we have that it's easy
to extent the NasaySys airportinfo() dict to include the frequency information,
and get the GUI functions back in XML/Nasal.

> FWIW, I originally wanted to wait until all the replacement code was done,
> but
> currently the confusion that arises around AI Traffic, AIModels, and traffic
> manager code is growing too big to my taste. In addition, Dave's own
> suggestion to disable this old system was the final incentive that made me
> decide to push this  change onto gitorious.

Agreed, it's been a source of much confusion for me. Thanks for doing this!

James