Hi,

On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 09:12:43 pm Dave wrote:
> Yikes - is that ancient code still used?  I thought it had been ripped
> out long ago - I would certainly agree with disabling it by default.  I
> developed that code on Linux (gcc 3.x I think) and I've since discovered
> with the kln89 code that that compiler would let me write code that
> wouldn't segfault for me, but which would segfault if compiled and run
> via. MSVC.

I just push a batch of local commits to gitorious flightgear, which changes
the default compilation behaviour on automake systems to exclude the
compilation of the ATCDCL module. I tested FlightGear for a couple of hours
locally, and all seems to run fine. But, please let me know if anything is
broken. If you do run into trouble, please try to recompile using:

./configure --enable-atcdcl

and this should get the original behavior back.

Also note, that the current change comes with a slight regression in
functionality: Most notably, the AI/ATC airport frequency look up currently
doesn't work, and ATIS is also temporarily gone. In addition, the GUI settings
for AI traffic are currently not functional.

As a general plan of approach, I'll try to link the AI traffic gui settings to
the AIModels system, and then bring back the ATIS and Frequency look up (if
still desired).

FWIW, I originally wanted to wait until all the replacement code was done, but
currently the confusion that arises around AI Traffic, AIModels, and traffic
manager code is growing too big to my taste. In addition, Dave's own
suggestion to disable this old system was the final incentive that made me
decide to push this  change onto gitorious.

Cheers,
Durk