On Sun, 20 Nov 2011, ThorstenB wrote:

> I already find the current dialog a bit overloaded. But how about
> creating an advanced, separate dialog which lists all the shaders and
> provides a checkbox for each? And all shaders should be modified to
> check the main switch (/sim/rendering/shader-effects) plus at least one
> additional switch property?
>
> MIght also be a good idea to structure the shader switches a bit and
> move them to a separate place, i.e.
> /sim/rendering/shaders/enable (main switch)
> /sim/rendering/shaders/forrest-effect
> /sim/rendering/shaders/water-effect
> /sim/rendering/shaders/reflection-effect
> /sim/rendering/shaders/skydome-effect
>
> Seems like anyone with an ASCII editor could help on this one. More
> ideas? Volunteers? :)

Since some effects may be aircraft specific it might be useful to make the
advanced dialog dynamic - one way would be to add a checkbox for each
*-effect property found in /sim/rendering/shaders/ .

Potentially scenery objects or MP aircraft might load some new effects
(general or not) so the set of control properties might change (grow) at
runtime.

Cheers,

Anders
Anders Gidenstam