> Hmmm, my shader micromanagement dialog box is only showing two options
> right now.  Category General: landmass and water.

I don't have the bandwidth at the moment to pull back master, but I've checked
the local branch from which I merged and I checked the log for FGData master on
GIT -  among other things,  gui/dialogs/shaders-lightfield.xml should have
received an update enabling the settings for urban and transition shader -
which you are not seeing.

I can actually see the dialog with the correct options here

https://www.gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/blobs/9e8735c64996614174d2d86526f258f44bacd7c4/gui/dialogs/shaders-lightfield.xml

So to my ability to check, FGData master should allow you to see the additional
options and make the shaders work for you. Are you by any chance on the release
branch?

* Thorsten