Hi Loup

As I've said and written over the years about this project, it is not possible
to compare features in a direct way here. The aim is to make something that
feels like "vanilla personal computing" to an end-user -- that can do "a lot"
-- and limit ourselves to 20,000 lines of code. We picked "personal computing"
for three main reasons (a) we had some experience with doing this the first
time around at PARC (in a very small amount of code), (b) it is something that
people experience everyday, so they will be able to have opinions without
trying to do a laborious point by point comparison, and (c) we would fail if we
had to reverse engineer typical renditions of this (i.e. MS or Linux) -- we
needed to do our own design to have a chance at this.

Our estimate so far is that we are getting our best results from the
consolidated redesign (folding features into each other) and then from the
POLs. We are still doing many approaches where we thought we'd have the most
problems with LOCs, namely at "the bottom".

Cheers,

Alan