Apropos of the many threads discussing 1.3 vs 1.2 code dependencies
particularly as it relates to the awt renderer TT fonts, and I might add
printing, I repeat my question (below) about ~how not to~ use TT fonts.

Plus this:  I work from the premise that most users of fop will prefer
~not~ to explicitly configure their own fonts (unless the locale require it)
but will take the built-ins -- which to my mind, means those supplied by
Java.
Would that be an um ~naive~ assumption?