Christian (and Satoshi),

Thanks for clarifying this.  If nothing has changed in this respect from
0.20.3, then nothing is going to break for any users who upgrade from
0.20.3 to 0.20.4 (at least in this respect.)  No drama.

The discussion has thrown up some interesting points, and I hope to see
Rhett get involved in this soon.

I hope also that the work Rhett is talking about will give us a solid
framework for changes to our support framework, both with the JVM and
possibly with the frequently changing jars that we bundle.  There may be
other initiatives happening within Apache on that front.

I noticed again, following Satoshi's email, that we have no tags for
RCs.  I think this is an oversight which should be addressed.  Are there
plans to use the News page on the web-site to maintain a short history
of releases and release candidates.  The sort of notes that appear in
the release announcements could be collected there and serve as an
immediate point of reference.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest