Can anyone answer the questions below?  Hopefully, before the release.

I think we need to discuss these issues in more depth.  We have people 
using FOP in production, and, in spite of the fact that everyone is 
aware that FOP is pre-beta, and that everything about it is subject to 
change, we should show some concern for issues which impact production 
environments.  There is not an immediate necessity to publish 0.20.4; it 
can be delayed a little while we try to find out more about these issues.

Further to one of my points below: if TT fonts are not supported in AWT 
in 0.20.3, then the proposed interim solution of compiling with 1.3 and 
notifying users that TT fonts will not work with 1.2 looks OK.


-------- Original Message --------

I'm confused about exactly what the nature of the problem is here.  From
what I can gather so far, not insisting on 1.3 means that we must
withdraw support for TT fonts in AWT.  Does that imply that TT fonts
were not supported in AWT in 0.20.3?  If so, not supporting them in
0.20.4 is not a backward step, it is the maintenance of the status quo.
   If some users have got used to AWT TT support in CVS versions of FOP,
we can, with a little footwork, do both: we can provide a 0.20.4 release
which can still be built with 1.2, without TT, for users of 0.20.3.  For
those users who are in the habit of building from the CVS tree, we can
immediately restore the AWT TT support in the tree, while we work on a
proper version-dependetn regime for the following release.

If AWT TT support was provided by some other means in 0.20.3, why don't
we stick with that for now?

"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to