Comments below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 2:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fop and JDK1.2

2. Try to build up the support for version dependant code for the next
release. Maybe we can even use that to improve the quality of the AWT
renderer because there seem to be huge differences between 1.2, 1.3 and
1.4. Any takers, any objections?

No objections, and I think I'd be interested on working on a task force for helping
make VM version support as seamless as possible.  I think I should also note that we
may want to make this infrastructure as overarching as possible, too, because I have
heard complaints about font behaviors being different between different VM vendors.
We may see cases where the Blackdown VM and the Sun VM don't see eye to eye and FOP
has to be able to roll with the punches.