Hi all:

I didn't want to interfere with your vote, but it looks like the dust has
settled a bit.

I think FOray wants to take a different approach to the hyphenation pattern
licensing problem. Specifically, I think we still need such patterns under
an Apache-style license, and would like for FOray (or someone else) to keep
hosting the ones that are already conformant to that license, and host a
place to build the ones that aren't. I know a bunch were purged approx. 18
months ago that were deemed non-conformant, but I was under the impression
that the remaining ones were thought to be conformant, specifically:

en English
es Spanish
fi Finnish
hu Hungarian (?)
it Italian
pl Polish
pt Portuguese
ru Russian

I am unsure whether the decision to move these to OFFO was because these
were also tainted, or just a blanket decision to get out of the hyphenation
patterns business entirely.

If they are all tainted, then I will start them over from scratch and build
them from sources that are not tainted. Otherwise, it would obviously be
nice to keep the base that is there. If anyone knows of issues that taint
the above files, please post a message back to this list. Thanks.

Victor Mote