Hi Chris,

> > Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/14/2005 08:33:47
AM:

> >>Given the number of bugs fixed and the feedback we got, I think it
> >>should be safe to do another release tagged "beta".

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >    If you want to do this, then we should 'fix' the PDFTranscoder
> > for SVG text.

Chris Bowditch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/14/2005 09:24:14
AM:

> I thought this bug was fixed in Batik's SVN Head. If so, it will be
> fixed when we next do a release in Batik, and if people need a fix
> sooner then they can download Batik source and build it themselves.

   In general I agree, however it is extremely unlikely that Batik will
have a release before FOP which means that this feature will remain
broken in a second release.

> It seems silly to put in a hack, when its already fixed in Batik's SVN
Head.

   If it were a more invasive hack I would agree however in this case the
hack is small and isolated and it will enable people to use 'stable'
releases
for FOP and Batik which is (right or wrong) important to many people.

   I don't have really strong feelings on this but I think that adding
the hack is the better solution.