Dear Fop-Devs,

since this came up, here is a list of tools I use for software quality checking (and all them them can check for generic list types). All of them have Eclipse and maven plugins (and ant tasks, and ....)

Checkstyle: checkstyle.sf.net

(already configured in fop, so nothing needs to be done)

Findbugs: findbugs.sf.net

(very good - all its advices should be followed)

PMD: pmd.sf.net

(contains almost too many rules, some of them are debatable)

I'd be willing to set up reporting for these 3 tools, so that you can check what they suggest. I usually try to follow of these rules when creating new files.

Max