Bart Locanthi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i've used JAXP and SAX APIs pretty heavily and i can't say i notice much
> difference, but Fop is decidedly unhappy with jdk1.4, which lacks
> xml.serialize.

As far as i can tell xml.serialize is only used at build time for
extracting font data in FOP. I personally run FOP in an environment
without Xerces/Xalan and therefore lacking the serialization
features without problems (using Saxon).

> this is too hard. i just want to use Fop with tomcat.

Can you describe your problems a little bit more detailed?

> for OutputStreams when all JSP will give you are Writers..

JSP is bad for your mental health anyway :-)

J.Pietschmann