On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 04:46 am, Prakash R wrote:
> I'm using Arial font with FOP. I installed the fonts
> by following the step to install custom fonts from TTF
> on the FOP website using the TTFReader and adding
> entries in userconfig.xml.
>
> When I generate a PDF which uses the Arial font, the
> width of characters are different for uppercase and
> lowercase. The lowercase being lesser width. Is there
> anyway I can set any property so that the lowercase
> characters are also the same width as the uppercase
> characters?

Arial is a so called proportional font. Not only have lowercase letters
different widths to uppercase letters but even within the same case
letters will have different widths, e.g. i will have a different width
to m and W is different in width to J.

If a fixed character width is important to your layout you need to use a
fixed width (= non proportional) font. For example Courier.

> Thank you.
> Prakash

Manuel