Hi,

Thanks a lot for suggestions. It seems that I have increased JAVA heap
space, by specifying -Xmx1000m (I have 2Gb) , although I am not sure how
much I should really allocate for running compilation of large docs.

The question that remained unclear is that while FOP 0.94 doesn't complain
on the fonts, FOP 0.95 generates the following error message:

WARNING: Font 'Symbol,normal,700' not found. Substituting with
'Symbol,normal,400'.
Jun 2, 2009 2:14:25 PM org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo notifyFontReplacement
WARNING: Font 'ZapfDingbats,normal,700' not found. Substituting with
'ZapfDingbats,normal,400'.
Jun 2, 2009 2:14:31 PM org.apache.fop.hyphenation.Hyphenator
getHyphenationTree

I don't understand why FOP 0.94 did not have such a problem, while FOP 0.95
does. I checked on my Linux Debian system - it does have the Symbol font in
/usr/share/cups/fonts/. For Zapfdinbats I found the following file:
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/psprint/fontmetric/ZapfDingbats.afm. I think
that's just a metric file for the font. So, I put the following in FOP's
conf file:

And guess what, the warning disappeared. The question is whether it really
solved the problem - whether FOP really identified these fonts. For example,
I don't have ZapfDingbats font - just its metric?!

Thanks for your in put in advance!!!

Regards,
Nancy