Hi dear Andreas,

Thanks for your explanations. I think my version of FOP 0.95 does insert
Symbol and Zapfdingbats into the font-family parameter - along with
sans-serif. Apparently, my repository points to the trunk. Look:

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
font-family="serif,Symbol,ZapfDingbats" font-size="12pt" text-align="start"
line-height="normal" font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"
line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts" language="en">

So, I don't see the reason why the # symbol appears in the PDF doc. It seems
that FOP finds the Zapfdingbats font...

Regards,
Nancy