From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Scott Prentice
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:27 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: making stuff unconditional in FM12

Aw .. c'mon .. that's a bit harsh, don't you think?

I'm not a fan of the "new" (since FM9) UI either, but personally attacking the
people behind the current product really isn't fair. The current team
developing FrameMaker *is* very interested in customer feedback, and does
listen. (And it's certainly not the programmers' faults .. they implement the
features they are told to.)

The new UI is a significant change from the old standard, but can be tamed if
you're willing to spend the time to learn how to make it do what you want.
There are training videos and other info about setting up workspaces and other
features, and with FM12, they have fixed most of the missing keyboard shortcuts
(I believe). I totally agree that there are some frustrating aspects to it, but
that's the new world of UI design. If you don't like it, stick with FM8. No one
is forcing you to upgrade (although they do encourage it).

As for XML editors .. I think you'll find that XMetaL is considerably lacking
when compared to FM. Especially if you're planning on generating PDFs .. you'll
either need to take a step back on your formatting and layout, or you'll still
need to use FM for PDF publishing. (But I am biased .. I'll admit that freely.)

Cheers,

...scott

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail, including all materials contained in or
attached to this e-mail, contains proprietary and confidential information
solely for the internal use of the intended recipient. If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise
and ensure that it is permanently deleted from your systems, and do not print,
copy, distribute or read its contents.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT? Le pr?sent courriel, y compris tous les documents qu'il
contient ou qui y sont joints, renferme des renseignements exclusifs et
confidentiels destin?s uniquement ? l'usage interne du destinataire pr?vu. Si
vous avez re?u le pr?sent courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser
imm?diatement, notamment par retour de courriel, et vous assurer qu'il est
supprim? de fa?on permanente de vos syst?mes; veuillez ?galement vous abstenir
d'imprimer, de copier, de distribuer ou de lire son contenu.