Or you could really simplify things & not care about old versions after you’ve
moved on to the new version. ;>)

From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Scott Turner
Sent: February-05-15 1:10 PM
To: Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net)
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Basic question: Book revision best practices

Rick and Syed have the meat of it. Keep it simple.

We do not use small increments, the x.1 and so forth, because we consider all
changes to the doc as major. We don't have to worry over what constitutes a
minor or major version.

On Feb 5, 2015, at 11:41, Syed Zaeem Hosain
(syed.hos...@aeris.net<mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>)
<syed.hos...@aeris.net<mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>> wrote:
Tim, I agree entirely with Rick.

I like to leave a directory/folder with all the files (including the output
PDF) of older versions, so that I can refer to/recreate them later as needed –
questions about prior versions of documents do arise.

Being able to compare files (to see what changed from version B to version F)
is often useful too.

The names of the books and the files stay unchanged as a result of this
approach.

(FWIW though, I am thinking of switching to GIT for this purpose in the future.
Then, I can recreate any released version as needed, rather than having a
separated directory/folder for each.)