Thank you to all who responded to our query. We figured it was the
graphics/embedded objects (many
different types are in use) which were the problem. At the moment, we are
saving the document as
text and importing just the content. We then format the content and insert the
graphics.

Saving the Word document as RTF or in earlier version of Word is not an option
because the size of
the resultant Word and FM files increases many times over; sometimes by as much
as 10 to 15 times.

Many thanks again.

Regards,
Aruna
TASC Consulting Pvt Ltd - Technical Writing, Courseware Development and
Training in Technical
Writing
http://www.tascindia.com

Aruna
TASC Consulting Pvt Ltd - Technical Writing, Courseware Development and
Training in Technical Writing
Tel: 022-28595963/4

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/