Perhaps I missed something important in regard to the PDF-format, so I have to
make my point clear.

PDF is itself a VERY accurate format. A PDF document is NOT itself scaled to
ANY extend. So, why this request at all. I simply don't understand it, UNLESS
you ASSUME the PDF is output via a print channel. In that case your bets are
extremely poor, since it actually IS allowed -- by concept -- to scale ANY
document, by ANY application or printer driver, at print time.

I certainly hope that Adobe is reasonable enough to NOT implement any feature
into the PDF format that disallow scaling at print time.

Vendors that accept PDF documents for purpose-specific subsequent processing
should accept to process native PDF documents as they are. If they cannot do
that -- for whatever reason, though likely because they do not have modern
equipment -- they should be wise enough to NOT apply scaling in any way at
print time. Anything else, for any post-process, would be their own
responsibility.

Hence, the request from Lester would not have any meaning at all UNLESS Lester
doubt about his vendor-capabilities. If so, find another vendor, or teach him
what to do :-)

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Jacob Sch?ffer  |  Chief Developer
Paradis All? 22, Raml?se