On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:41:24PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> : To the extent that NetBSD *forces* the local administrator to use
> : /usr/pkg, I find it contains the same deficiency.
>
> I'd point out that make install in the pkgsrc tree installs into
> /usr/pkg too.  So NetBSD doesn't differentiate between locally
> compiled files and binary packages they supply.

By "locally compiled" Mike and I mean softare you've downloaded (after
figureing from where), untared yourself by actually typing ``tar xzf'',
cd'ed into the extracted directory, ran `configure', and then make.  Ie,
software with a little blood and sweat behind its installation.

Not the differencd between buiding a FreeBSD Port and installing a
[Satoshi-built] Package.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX