All these "solutions" assume that everyone is wired up with IP
connectivity. The original questions was "who uses UUCP?"

One answer is: "those without IP connectivity."  Part of the problem
here I suspect is that the people who develop and maintain FreeBSD
live a life where a T-3 into your livingroom is just something you
take for granted. These folks need to spend some time living in
the Northwest Territories or Central America (where IP connectivity
is not just a luxury -- it's often not available) to really
appreciate the ramifications of the decision to remove this software.

UUCP has many valid uses. Even today. If you don't understand the
software, that's fine with me. Just don't use your ignorance as
an excuse to dike the software out. Or more precisely, admit
you want to rip the code out because you don't understand what
it is, rather than making up specious excuses for it's removal.

--lyndon