neal schrieb:
I have had unsolvable (so far) problems with playing both dvd movies and cd audio. MPlayer will play VOBs but no menus, no navigation which can make watching pretty much impossible sometimes. I had actually given up on trying to get these two features to work and have installed a new linux (to me), Kubuntu. On this platform, there are no problems with DVD movies, audio cd, streamed audio, even flash. I can watch youtube too. This has not been the case on FreeBSD. I have tried installing FreeBSD 6.2 via three different versions, FreeBSD, DesktopBSD and PCBSD, and asked questions on their mailing lists.
Try to install www/linux-opera, audio/vlc for DVDs and www/linux-flashplugin7 for flash.
That should give you ability to watch DVD and flash... (works for me...)

Greez, Tino