On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 06:07, northern snowfall wrote:

> UNIX is written primarily in C. Solaris, IRIX, AIX, Linux, etc, and, yes,
> even FreeBSD, are all developed in C. My own OS is written in C (*wink*). So
> is my favorite OS to hack in: plan9.

The Hurd project is beeing developed in C++. While I do like to program
in C, I think C++ code is much better organized and it's a lot easier to
read.

> Sun rules.

Nothing to add there.

>  Underlying architecture
> comprehension not suitable
> for every programmer?

What I meant with that was that while one might get profites from
learning Assembly language, to develope applications in it is not a job
for any programer. One has to enjoy it first.