Am 2016-08-16 15:38, schrieb Borja Marcos:
On 16 Aug 2016, at 15:29, Roger Pau Monné <roger....@citrix.com> wrote:

Could this really be an UFS vs. ext4 thing?

Hm, maybe. There are a lot of moving pieces here that make it quite hard to
diagnose the issue properly.

Could you try to run something like UnixBench (or any other general
benchmarking tool) inside of the Linux VM, the FreeBSD VM and a bare metal
FreeBSD install? This way we might be able to spot what's causing this
slowdown.

Maybe this is too obvious, my apologies in that case. But, how have
the filesystems been
created and mounted? Asynchronous? Synchronous? Journalling?
Softupdates in the case of
FreeBSD UFS? It can make quite a difference.

FreeBSD

/dev/ada2p1 on /home/db (ufs, local, soft-updates)

Linux:
/dev/mapper/system-lvm--home /home ext4 defaults 0 2

What does "defaults" mean, BTW?