> Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-...@web.de> writes:
>
>> Hospital, genlab and cure for cancer help a lot. Biggest city is now
>> size 54. 270+ production in that city. I didn't merge changing unit
>> upkeep from shield to gold in my ruleset. I have tons of shield but
>> never enough gold.
>>
>> Given the amount of pollution, even with recycling I will have to
>> destroy the Hover Dam and build solar plants instead.
>>
>> MfG
>>         Goswin
>
> I actualy went and fixed the ruleset so that solarfarm still reduces
> pollution to 0 even with Hover Dam and Recycling Center. That really
> helps. Biggest city now 125.

One remark: A city size of 125 is really big ... (within the patches for
the variable city radii I changed the constant defining the max city size
from 100 to 250 to be safe but I did not expect such numbers)

With radius_sq=26 (radius=5) there will be 89 (rect) or 91 (hexa) tiles
with an average food production of (2(base)+1(irrigation))+50%(farmland) =
4.5 = 4, resulting in 356 (364) food available. This means a size of 178
(182) is possible ...

The maximal possible size will be 273 (taking into account grassland with
crop and irrigation/farmland on all tiles = 6 food per tile) or even more
using the genetic laboratory

--
Matthias Pfafferodt - http://www.mapfa.de
Matthias.Pfafferodt <at> mapfa.de