> This is great news, Matthias. What do you think about setting the maximum
> number of players to 1024? Also, how should Freeciv assign nations and
> flags to all these players?
>
> -Andreas

At the moment freeciv (trunk) has 205 nations. Thus, I think that 128 player
are more than enough. Furthermore, a balance between the memory requirement
and the normally used number of players has to be found. If you need more
player you can create your own server by increasing MAX_NUM_PLAYERS (this
will be incompatible!). Nations and flags are automatically (randomly)
assigned to the players if they do not select one.

The patch as well as additional cleanups can be found in
https://gna.org/patch/index.php?1732. Especially the information about the
vision need changes.

Matthias
--