OK, a few words about the origin of this "theme":
- I was trying to go as near the original gtk2 theme as I could, cause while I
don't find it exceptionally pretty, if I relied on my aesthetic taste, it
would be even worse
- I never found the patience to finish the conversion, also the named widgets
(i.e. #Freeciv) should be exploited to a greater degree (and perhaps something
can be done about fonts)
- it seems that instead of using some of the image files, somebody could use
the simple pattern generation features of gtk3 themes (many of the images are
just that AFAICT)