Haven't checked the patch at all, but I really don't understand what you are
saying. How can high speed road graphically connect to low speed road without
low speed road connecting to high speed road?
What kind of test case you had? Were the roads (I presume you used normal road
& railroad gfx) independent in the ruleset, so that presence of the railroad
did not imply presence of road (which would make it to draw road from the
center of the road-only tile towards railroad tile)?