Hi!

5-Янв-2008 00:53 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net:

>>   /3       - force 3-button mode (for Microsoft and PS/2 mice only)
>>              force wheel support (for PS/2 mice)
>> BTW, /3 option was used to force middle button support through L+R
>> extension. Now there remains only option.
EA> If /3 has no effect now, it should be removed from /? text.

     It has effect - without it, PS2 handler will not return info about 3rd
button. In previous statement I mean only "there remains only option, which
was introduced partially for support L+R extension".

EA> The "enable PS2 wheel" option should have another name then.

     Why not /3? It already there and already does half of work (wheel
support is linked with 3rd button support).

>> I doubt. Why, if there is MS+wheel protocol?
EA> Probably pre-Logitech MS-3button mice used L+R=Mtoggle protocol
EA> but were useable as 2button with classic MS protocol anyway.

     You ask "are there [produced] mice which use such a protocol?".
Pre-logitech mice are "pre-", they not todays.