Hi again,

>> I have tried many optical drive drivers under MS-DOS and VIDECDD.SYS is
>> what I found to work best with games. Other drivers have issues with
>> certain games that use CD Audio, even the OAKCDROM.SYS that comes with
>> Windows 98 for example.

Good to know :-) And good to know that Fade To Black is the only game
with problems with SHSUCDX. My thought was that maybe SHSUCDX has some
debug options so you could collect information whether any feature is
called by the game for which SHSUCDX has known shortcomings... If the
default SHSUCDX does not support that, even a patch could work, but I
guess the game graphics would make it hard to see SHSUCDX messages?

>>> Please let us know which of our components expects a CPU which...

Well Jerome is right that the "legacy friendly" distro works, but I
would still want to know which component of the default distro would
need a NEWER than Pentium CPU. After all, Pentium is quite new, too.

I would expect that even the normal distro works when you skip loading
that part. For example ALL core components should be happy with 386.

And yes, it is nice to support FAT32 drives up to 2 TB LBA size, unless
your BIOS has some bug causing a lower limit. Even then, you can use
drivers which install in the MBR which were common back in that time.

>> Most 3D DOS games need a Pentium to run well, and when
>> playing at higher VESA resolutions, can you have enough power?

Of course you have a lot more power in Linux and Windows, where many
CPU cores can work for the game at the same time and the 3d graphics
driver can let many GPU cores work on 3d, but that only works for a
game written for that operating system, not for DOS games ;-)

Regards, Eric