Hi Johnson,

But Jack did give his "true heart" advise to some people, to avoid
using FDXMS and HIMEM, not because of the author, just because of
they both have programming flaw!

Ah, so throw away MANY hours of work, as FDXMS and HIMEM are
too "bad" for Jack to even touch them? Why does he have to
write a completely "new" QHIMEM based on somebody else's
commercial XMS driver sources instead...?

Do offer QHIMEM in private to Mark Bailey. If he questions this,
tell him to read the first 50 lines of the FDXMS source, that note
interrupts are left DISABLED across an XMS move, which may hurt him!

Now we are getting somewhere. Jack thinks that leaving interrupts
disabled for too long during XMS moves is bad. And this is why
he thinks that FDXMS is evil? It would have been an idea to tell
the FDXMS maintainer that enabling interrupts from time to time
during a move would improve FDXMS. Probably Jack thinks that the
FDXMS maintainer is too stupid to read email from Jack? Or maybe
he wrote a mail "Mr FDXMS maintainer, you are stupid because you
leave interrupts disabled", and this is because FDXMS did not get
updated (as insults do not make people follow advice)?

Sorry for the harsh words, but I hope you get the idea...

The bug is not a few flaws in FDXMS or HIMEM. They could be fixed.
The bug is in the hearts of a few programmers who are too proud
to notify each other about bugs in their software, politely.

Eric

PS: I doubt that Mark Bailey understands Assembly language
or the technical details related to writing XMS drivers ;-).