On Fri, 5 May 2006 18:45:54 +0200 (MEST), you wrote:

Eric,

Your style, long paragraph, I'd rather prefer K.I.S.S.

>Ah, so throw away MANY hours of work, as FDXMS and HIMEM are
>too "bad" for Jack to even touch them? Why does he have to
>write a completely "new" QHIMEM based on somebody else's
>commercial XMS driver sources instead...?

Repeated many times, OK, one more repeat:

1) FDXMS - Strange coding type, Jack don't want to touch because he
will make easily make mistake, also hard to adapt those strange
assembly type

2) HIMEM - Too big, too complex to touch. Jack want a small driver
that optimize for simple usage for himself

>Now we are getting somewhere. Jack thinks that leaving interrupts
>disabled for too long during XMS moves is bad. And this is why
>he thinks that FDXMS is evil? It would have been an idea to tell

Hey, speak carefully, Jack and I never assume FDXMS bad, we just worry
that Martin Stormberg was too busy to update, or he may already leave
FreeDOS because of some reasons ... Recently I found you always making
trouble or try to make matter worse by inserting "evil" or try to make
us look "evil".

>the FDXMS maintainer that enabling interrupts from time to time
>during a move would improve FDXMS. Probably Jack thinks that the
>FDXMS maintainer is too stupid to read email from Jack? Or maybe

Once more, Jack and I NEVER speak any "FDXMS" stupid, he and I always
thanks Martin Stormberg creating FDXMS for the users, the only problem
is FDXMS need to update, but we didn't see Martin appear a long time,
also FDXMS was designed in 1995 by Till Gerken, PC speed have a great
leap from 4.77MHz to now 2.8GHz average, the FDXMS or HIMEM design was
not good enough for nowadays high speed Ethernet access.

>he wrote a mail "Mr FDXMS maintainer, you are stupid because you
>leave interrupts disabled", and this is because FDXMS did not get
>updated (as insults do not make people follow advice)?
>
>Sorry for the harsh words, but I hope you get the idea...

Harsh doesn't matter, please don't attack the other programmers and
tell the others WE speak that, it's from Eric Auer, NOT me and Jack.

>The bug is not a few flaws in FDXMS or HIMEM. They could be fixed.
>The bug is in the hearts of a few programmers who are too proud
>to notify each other about bugs in their software, politely.

Jack never hide the way to fix the bug, but someone did play a lot of
English literature to attack him, and claim that "compatibility is not
an issue!". Well, such impolite action was very upset, we better leave
him alone, no more discussion, otherwise I'll receive those
"literature" again, too difficult for me, I'm not graduate, just a
Form-5 (grade 10 in US) student.

>PS: I doubt that Mark Bailey understands Assembly language
>or the technical details related to writing XMS drivers ;-).

Enough!

Please stop mocking Mark Bailey, he is a few good guy I met, don't get
him or the others, involved into your evil whirls.

Johnson.

P.S. Now I fully agree with Joe Cosentino, his eye much clearer than
me. I must quote his message, to let the others "know" the fact:

=====