> I was thinking of calling the GUI Janus after the code name for windows
> 3.11. Which I think should be ok legalwise. Thoughts?

hmm you could name it after the Roman god Janus, thinking
of looking back to DOS and forward to a GUI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus

 In Roman mythology, Janus (or Ianus) was the god of gates, doors, doorways,
beginnings and endings. His most prominent remnants in modern culture are his
namesakes: the month of January, which begins the new year, and the janitor,
who is a caretaker of doors and halls. He is most often depicted as having two
faces or heads, facing in opposite directions. Janus is believed to be one of
the few major deities in Roman mythology that does not have a Greek origin or
counterpart.