* Calmira for GUI or someone could write a Program Manager for GUI like
Windows 3.x. Personally, I like the style of Windows 3.x over the
Windows 95 style of GUI.
I can't remember if Win 3.1 had context menus or not and I kind of like
a start menu/taskbar but thats not 3.11. If I do this right Calmira
should work. :)
> Because DOS HX Extender supports OpenGL, it is possible to use WineD3D
> to translate DirectX to OpenGL, so DirectX apps may not get left out
> anyway. Currently, this is how ReactOS emulates Direct3D.
I expect that with all the things that I am looking at will make this
both win16\win32 compatible, simply be cause of where I will be looking
for code.
Depends on what happens, we may want to have two version 16 only for
older PC and a Win16\32 for the PCs that can handle it.
This could end up being what would have happened had someone at M$ not
conceived of Win95 LOL.
> With the Nano-X server for DOS adapted to be up to date on Win16/Win32
> APIs from the Wine/ReactOS Projects, and the X11 API from Xorg, then
> that would make it extremely flexible.
I am thinking, looking at Nano-X will give me a couple of options,
xwindows integration with the win libs (easier app porting etc) or at
the very least a good place to learn.
I am not 100% sure but I am nearly confident that Window's window
managers follow a different model than xwindows. Windows 3.1 compliance
is the most important thing
anything else is will be a bi product of what I use.

usul