I found very interesting that all the required sizes are multiple of six,
so is wise that glyph designer to use a matrix with 6 pixels...

Only 9 pins high-res is exact multiple of eigth

A simple way is to reduce the character with is to look for 2 consecutive
columns with the same bits, and delete one (as contain redundant
information)
You need to deleted 2 columns on each glyph to get a 6 columns matrix.

But to get beauty characters with good simetry is better to do such job
by hand.
How many characters has you database?
A good text editor with column mode (as crimson editor) will help