Hi,

On 7/16/11, Virii <emul...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I thought the SB Live and Audigy still had DOS drivers, but that it
>> required installation in Windows first, possibly followed by contacting
>> Creative Labs for the DOS drivers?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_Audigy#Sound_Blaster_Audigy_SE_.26_Audigy_Value
> It's an 'SE' which is similarly related to the value .
>
> After reading these two pages, I realized why this sound card isn't working,
> and why sound in QV (and Mpxplay) does.
> http://easymamecab.mameworld.info/html/snddosdr.htm
> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.DevelSound#
>
> I guess one of my final hopes would maybe be the onboard AC97, but I don't
> think it's one of the known-to-work older chip-sets.
>
> Does anyone here know about connecting two PCI sound cards in FreeDOS? Can I
> disable, or ignore the Audigy SE, while implementing say an old YMF724 card
> I have in storage? Or will I have to remove the Audigy for sound to work
> properly?

At the risk of a horrible idea, why not just use DOSBox under Linux?   ;-)

DOSBox 0.74 supports sound emulation very well, perhaps better than
anything. So unless your computer can't handle it (unlikely!), I'd
suggest that route, at least if you need sound that badly. (Sorry,
sound under DOS these days is a mess.)

Heck, even KolibriOS has DOSBox 0.73, and that's only a 3 MB [sic]
download. (Works with AC97 too, apparently.)