>> Well in Linux, I'm already using 2 sound outputs. The card, and the
onboard
>> audio AC97. In Linux I just switch to the AC97 when I want to use the
>> headphones. What about DOS though? Can it handle having two
>> sound cards, plus onboard audio?

> I don't think it would know the difference!!
Does that mean I can use multiple cards somehow? Is there a way I can select
which card to use in apps like Mpxplay?

> Bleh. Try another tool like NSSI, perhaps? it helps more?

Nice one. While this app was very informative (I'll definitely use it in the
future), it didn't set the variable like the previously mentioned.

> It could be an IRQ conflict, dunno.

I figured it out. It figures the only card I know worked in DOS wouldn't
work in this particular Pentium IV PC. It worked fine in an old PIII, with
whatever mobo it had.

These Yamaha 724 chip cards need either a SB-Link cable, or something called
Distributed DMA, to work in real DOS mode. Neither of which this PC has
support for...

> Really? That's odd. DOSEMU should run Quake at native speed, even
> under x86-64! (Yes, I've tried!) No idea why that is, but try "dpmi -m
> 0xA000" to see if that helps (doubt it, but ...). Seriously, something
> is up if it runs *slower* than DOSBox!!

Does anyone have a solid method for installing FreeDOS in DOSEMU? I simply
copied the physical installation I had to the virtual C drive, modifying the
boot files as needed.

Well that's about it. Thanks for all the help people. It's been much
appreciated. ;)