On 2012-11-25 01:24 (GMT-0500) bruce.bowman tds.net composed:

> Between my wife and I, we own six computers. None of them have a floppy
> drive.

No drive doesn't necessarily mean neither floppy controller nor place to put
a floppy drive. A new floppy drive is easily found on the internet for under
$10 if you can't find a free one locally, and floppy cables from old puters
abound.

Have you tried or considered DOSEMU under Linux?

Have you considered putting DOS on a bootable USB stick? An example to try:
http://www.dfsee.com/dfsee/cdrom.php

Where there's enough will there's usually a way.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/