I downloaded the demo Vision Edit from the site below, and was able to patch
the overlay VED.OVL after downloading bp7_tpl.zip from Alexei A. Frounze's site
alexfru.chat.ru and running FIX_CRT.EXE.

FIX_CRT takes a more drastic approach than the better written alternatives like
TPPATCH.  Files patched by FIX_CRT are left without a functioning Delay()
routine at all!

Marcos -- You're right -- It's not compressed.  But it is a weird one!  The
error message:
   Runtime error 200 at 0259:00c3
does not end with :0091 like it usually does with Turbo Pascal 7 programs.
TP7P5FIX won't catch it, and TPPATCH won't patch it.  On the other hand,
TESTMODE.EXE fails with the more usual runtime error 200 ending in :0091, and
TESTMODE is patchable by the better written TPPATCH.  This could have to do
with different versions of Borland compilers, or with the fact that the CRT
routine is in the overlay instead of the executable.

Vision Edit runs fine in my (somewhat slow) emulator, so if you haven't already
you might want to give the "slowdown" programs a chance.  Vision Edit fails with
   Runtime error 200 at 0259:00c3
on my Pentium 4 at 2.8 MHz.

 - - Shane