On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 1:58 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just because a disgruntled developer is angry (unfairly, I might add)
> doesn't give him the right to rescind pre-existing licenses or do
> whatever irrational thing he wants.
>[..]

For anyone relatively new to the FreeDOS email lists, Jack's drivers
come up every once in a while. Jack writes good code, but he tends to
get very upset very quickly, and then lashes out at people. He has
brought a lot of ill will here. It's no surprise that Jack keeps
adding notices in his software "license" that says you cannot use his
program on or with FreeDOS.

> Sigh. I don't want to bring all this up, but some people (even
> geniuses whom I respect, like Eric Auer) can't seem to let go. And
> that's another thing I don't understand, but I don't want to get into
> all of "that" either! Ugh.

Yes, I wish we could go our separate ways. Eric sometimes likes to
"advertise" some of the stuff Jack is doing elsewhere. It always
generates a lot of unhelpful noise.

Until Jack re-releases his programs under an open source software
license, I remain uninterested in the things he is doing. I wish him
the best, but closed source DOS doesn't interest me.

Jim