On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> On Nov 28, 2013, at 4:56 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> Things look much better today on the Test Tool Shed, with
> most of my tools under "Latest revision: all tool tests pass"
> again - or as expected a few under "Latest revision: missing
> tool tests" due to not yet having full test coverage.
>
> I've only spotted one glitch so far, missing test results for:
> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/b2795652d2b4
>

> The above repository was not displaying the missing test components due to
> a problem in the previous test runs which I fixed yesterday.  The problem
> resulted in test result data that could not be displayed.

Perhaps a fall back error message would be useful here (e.g. "Test failed
but unable to display data"), which would be better than the "missing" test
results?

> When I introduced the new feature for stroing and displaying multiple test
> runs, I decided to not eliminate the bad data, but just to let enough test
> runs proceed that the bad data would eventually be eliminated.  I forced
> new test runs, and now things should be displaying as expected.  Here is
> the display for the above repository for the latest run this morning:

Thank you - that alerted me to a missing set of out output files for a
recently added test, hopefully addressed in this revision:
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/1b8a92016045

But its not all good news - another test is now listed as failing, but with
missing test results:
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/get_orfs_or_cdss/09b5b1af9b8f