Yes, that makes perfect sense. I do a similar thing in my games during the early stages of development. I prototype with sapi, and then rip it out. That works extremely well for my own projects.

Once again, best of luck.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Why SAPI Output is Superior

Hi Philip,

No, I was talking more about the entire process of creating and
editing the files. The coding itself I have gotten down to a fairly
straight forward process after having been using the engine since the
early days of MOTA and slowly adding to, improving, and building up
the speech functionality of the engine itself.

The nice thing about this is that I have a choice. I can certainly
roll out 1.0 using SAPI, and if I want to invest in a voice actor it
wouldn't be a huge problem to rip out SAPI and use prerecorded speech
later on since all those functions and classes exist to do things like
speak menus, speak numbers,status messages, whatever.  Its more or
less a matter of replacing one with the other. However, I don't have
any good speech files already created, not interested in hiring
someone to do it, and I am not going to take the time to record and
edit speech clips of SAPI voices when I can use those voices directly.
:D

Absolutely. I thought you were saying that it was easier in terms of code.
If you are refering to the process of creating the files, then I agree.
Though it is relatively easy to automate the splicing, so that all you have

to do is fine tune individual files here and there.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall