I think the fault was mine. I think that, usually, when you come across a game that is not playable by blind people, your first step would be to contact the developer, explain the problem, and maybe give suggestions on the solution. Michael has asked questions on the list that had very simple solutions if he had looked just a bit farther, or that he would have been able to resolve by applying the obvious first steps. I saw his post about this game, and it was just like all of the others. No details are given about what his problem is. I had not heard of the game, and he said nothing about it other than the fact that a blind person cannot play it and he wants to. I sent my post based on the fact that he probably had not done the obvious before asking list members. That was my mistake.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Towne" <s...@xirr.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MindCraft for the blind.

Charles,

There is no effective way to make minecraft blind accessible without
changing the game into something entirely different.  A good way to
think about it is to compare swamp to the original unreal tournament;
they are both FPS games, but that is where the similarity ends.  There
is no way whatsoever for a visually impaired person to be competitive
in UT, and no way to change it to make it so without destroying the
game.

Don't bug the developer.  You'd be better off grabbing the relevant
concepts and trying to make a new game from the ground up.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com