Wouldn't that be a bit dumb on their part though? I mean if you're not making any money from it, then obviously they have nothing to gain? Hiring lawyers and such can't be cheap for them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] To the developers of Montezuma's Revenge

Hi Yohandy,
Like I said to Will I'll be uploading an updated beta for those who want it sometime between now and the weekend. However, keep in mind that the Montezuma's Revenge beta, the last beta that was released, is extremely buggy and since it is now basically abandonware there won't be any patches, updates, or bug fixes forth coming. As far as releasing the game as freeware that is no protection from a lawsuit. Under U.S. copyright law they can still file a lawsuit if they feel their copyrights have been violated. Weather or not they would do or say anything about it is another matter, but they legally could do it if they wanted to. That's why I am changing the name, and also removing any thing to do with Montezuma's Revenge from the new side-scroller i am writing.

Yohandy wrote:
I personally would love to grab a copy of the newest beta. It's a shame that all that hard work was wasted so close to completion. If you release it as freeware, they can't sue you, correct? Also, why couldn't you simply change the name of the game and release it as something else? It's not as if the devs played it, or even know what the game contains. all that you'd need to do is remove all montezuma references.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]