To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 5:04 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Lonewolf targeting.

Hi Dark,
Well, keep in mind when firing you want to hit the enemy ship in the port or starboard side. Obviously, that offers a lot larger target than trying to go for a bow or stern shot. Though, bow and stern shots are possible once you get skilled at the game. Let us take mission 1 as an example. Don't move since the first cargo ship is going to litterally pass your bow in a minute or so. Just open your doors, when you view the cargo ship, press period follow by the number one. When the tone of the target gets very high pitched press f6 and drop one or two torpedoes into the sucker. Close the torpedo doors and wait for the cargo ship to sink. A destroyer will pass, but if the cargo ship hasn't sunk don't fire since it is still in your way. If you want to hit both very quickly I usually turn 15 degrees to port, bearing 345, and fire upon the first cargo ship so I can later change heading to 0 so I can kill the destroyer. Try that and see if that helps.
Cheers.

dark wrote:
I get that much, but I'll be the first to admit my spacial logic isn't great, and more often than not I don't end up getting into position until the ship's past me.

Beware the Grue!