Hi Thomas,

I'm directing this at you, but the questionand its answer might be useful to others on the list, so I'm posting it here. My question is simply this...I'm very interested in becoming a coder. Specifically, I have notions of building a blind friendly MUD from scratch. I have ideas for a unique magic system,diverse skills from fishing to the crafting of magic rings, several denominations of coin, numerous guilds and several other features which I may see on individual muds, but never all of them in the same game. What programming language or environment would you recommend that I investigate for this kind of project? I've never coded before, but as Hannnibal Lecter says I have oodles of time and the bloody mindedness you need to complete projects of this scope. I'll be eager to hear any suggestions, warnings and words of wisdom you might have for me. I am eager to make a significant contribution to the blind gamer community, and to anyone who wants real depth of play in a sophisticated text MMPORPG.

Thanks,

--Bill